Now, Capello snubs Liverpool offer to succeed Dalglish as club manager
London: Former England boss Fabio Capello has become the latest top flight manager to snub Liverpool’s vacant manager job, following Swansea City manager Brendon Rodgers and Ajax manager Frank De Boer’s rejections.
According to The Daily Mail, Capello is not interested in giving an audition for the Anfield job, and would prefer a one-year contract with Chelsea instead.
Capello, who has won league titles with four top European clubs during his managerial career, is still keen on one last challenge, but it will not be at Anfield.
Boer and Rodgers had also turned down the chance to be interviewed by Liverpool’s American owners Fenway Sports Group.
Capello has been linked with a number of roles since he left England, but he would prefer to remain in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win