Now, Capello snubs Liverpool offer to succeed Dalglish as club manager
London: Former England boss Fabio Capello has become the latest top flight manager to snub Liverpool’s vacant manager job, following Swansea City manager Brendon Rodgers and Ajax manager Frank De Boer’s rejections.
According to The Daily Mail, Capello is not interested in giving an audition for the Anfield job, and would prefer a one-year contract with Chelsea instead.
Capello, who has won league titles with four top European clubs during his managerial career, is still keen on one last challenge, but it will not be at Anfield.
Boer and Rodgers had also turned down the chance to be interviewed by Liverpool’s American owners Fenway Sports Group.
Capello has been linked with a number of roles since he left England, but he would prefer to remain in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP