Now, Capello snubs Liverpool offer to succeed Dalglish as club manager
London: Former England boss Fabio Capello has become the latest top flight manager to snub Liverpool’s vacant manager job, following Swansea City manager Brendon Rodgers and Ajax manager Frank De Boer’s rejections.
According to The Daily Mail, Capello is not interested in giving an audition for the Anfield job, and would prefer a one-year contract with Chelsea instead.
Capello, who has won league titles with four top European clubs during his managerial career, is still keen on one last challenge, but it will not be at Anfield.
Boer and Rodgers had also turned down the chance to be interviewed by Liverpool’s American owners Fenway Sports Group.
Capello has been linked with a number of roles since he left England, but he would prefer to remain in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’