Now, Capello snubs Liverpool offer to succeed Dalglish as club manager
London: Former England boss Fabio Capello has become the latest top flight manager to snub Liverpool’s vacant manager job, following Swansea City manager Brendon Rodgers and Ajax manager Frank De Boer’s rejections.
According to The Daily Mail, Capello is not interested in giving an audition for the Anfield job, and would prefer a one-year contract with Chelsea instead.
Capello, who has won league titles with four top European clubs during his managerial career, is still keen on one last challenge, but it will not be at Anfield.
Boer and Rodgers had also turned down the chance to be interviewed by Liverpool’s American owners Fenway Sports Group.
Capello has been linked with a number of roles since he left England, but he would prefer to remain in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II