Number of players itching to leave Arsenal: Walcott
London: Ace striker Theo Walcott has said that a number of Arsenal players are itching to leave, as six years with no trophy or title has sent frustration levels soaring at the club.
The England striker is now praying boss Arsene Wenger will keep his promise to bring in big names such as Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema and so halt a possible exodus of top players.
“I can understand why some players might be frustrated and thinking of leaving. They want to win things and we haven’t done that for six years,” a newspaper quoted Walcott, as saying.
“The manager has said he is going to spend this summer and I’m intrigued to see who we’re going to get. We’ve got a small squad and it would be nice to see a few additions.
“I’ve heard rumours of Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema and signing a player of that calibre would get the crowd on their feet and help us hold on to our best players,” Walcott said.
“Of course I can understand why some of our players might be getting frustrated and thinking about leaving. They want to win things and we haven’t done that for six years.
“I’m the same. I don’t want to be remembered just for being quick. I want to be in the history books for winning things like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details