Official: Draxler signs new Schalke deal
London: Julian Draxler has signed a new contract with Schalke to keep him at the club until 2018, it has been officially confirmed.
As Goal revealed earlier on Thursday, the attacking midfielder`s previous deal was due to expire in June 2016, but interest from clubs such as Juventus, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund prompted Schalke to offer him a two-year extension with a significant pay-rise.
Draxler had recently already revealed that he had no intention to leave Schalke any time soon, taking a swipe at the prospect of joining Bundesliga rivals BVB in the process.
"Under no circumstances will I play for Borussia Dortmund in the coming season. I`d have to be brainwashed to join Dortmund," the 19-year-old said.
The youngster is a product of the Schalke youth academy and has developed into a key player at the Gelsenkirchen side in the past few seasons.
Draxler has netted nine goals in 29 league appearances so far this term, helping them to fourth place in the table with two more games to go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead