Official: West Brom sign Anelka
London: West Brom have confirmed the signing of French striker Nicolas Anelka on a one-year deal with a further year`s option.
Anelka will move to the Hawthorns after two years with Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua, having spent time on loan at Juventus last season too.
The 34-year-old has had a hugely successful career after joining Paris Saint-Germain at the age of 16, having won 17 different trophies with five different clubs.
Clarke told the club`s official website, "We are missing a bit of firepower from last year – we`re trying to put that right – and to kick off with the signing of Nicolas at the start of the summer is a great boost for everyone at the club.
"The sole focus at the club is trying to build on what we did last season. The more quality players you can bring to the club the better – and no-one can question Nicolas` quality.
"He`s a player I have worked with him before as I was at Chelsea when they signed him. He`s got a great work ethic, looks after himself and is a consummate professional. If you add that to the obvious talent he’s got I think he can prove to be a really top signing for the club.
"His experience with some of the top clubs in England and Europe will stand the group in good stead. Hopefully he will be able to inspire the other players to even greater heights than we managed to achieve last year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon