ONGC plans football academy in Tripura
Agartala: State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is planning to set up a football academy in Tripura to boost the sport in the northeastern region, an official said here Tuesday.
ONGC Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) Sudhir Vasudeva Monday met Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar in New Delhi and discussed the setting up of the football academy.
"The ONGC CMD has assured the chief minister that the football academy would be set up after conducting a proper study of the project proposal," a Tripura government official told reporters.
Tripura last week won the 58th Junior National School Games football championship in under-17 age group after defeating Chandigarh in 7-6 goals via tie-breaker in Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users