ONGC plans football academy in Tripura
Agartala: State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is planning to set up a football academy in Tripura to boost the sport in the northeastern region, an official said here Tuesday.
ONGC Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) Sudhir Vasudeva Monday met Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar in New Delhi and discussed the setting up of the football academy.
"The ONGC CMD has assured the chief minister that the football academy would be set up after conducting a proper study of the project proposal," a Tripura government official told reporters.
Tripura last week won the 58th Junior National School Games football championship in under-17 age group after defeating Chandigarh in 7-6 goals via tie-breaker in Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video