ONGC qualify for I-League
Gangtok: ONGC qualified for next edition`s I-League after playing out a 1-1 draw against Aizawl FC in their last league match here on Monday.
Sumaila Safianu put Aizawl FC in the lead in the 30th minute before Alhassan Abubakr equalised for ONGC.
ONGC finished on 22 points from 12 outings.
The second team to qualify for the I-League will be decided when Kolkata`s Mohammedan Sporting take on United Sikkim Football Club on Tuesday.
A draw for USFC will earn them a ticket to next edition`s I-League while Mohammedan Sporting need a win.
USFC have 21 points while Mohammedan Sporting are on 20 points. Both teams have played 11 matches each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past