ONGC qualify for I-League
Gangtok: ONGC qualified for next edition`s I-League after playing out a 1-1 draw against Aizawl FC in their last league match here on Monday.
Sumaila Safianu put Aizawl FC in the lead in the 30th minute before Alhassan Abubakr equalised for ONGC.
ONGC finished on 22 points from 12 outings.
The second team to qualify for the I-League will be decided when Kolkata`s Mohammedan Sporting take on United Sikkim Football Club on Tuesday.
A draw for USFC will earn them a ticket to next edition`s I-League while Mohammedan Sporting need a win.
USFC have 21 points while Mohammedan Sporting are on 20 points. Both teams have played 11 matches each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video