Only two players sure of their places in Man U squad: Jonny Evans
London: Manchester United defender Jonny Evans has revealed that in his time under Sir Alex Ferguson, only two players were ever sure of their places. One of them was Robin van Persie and the other was Cristiano Ronaldo.
Wayne Rooney was not, Evans adds.
Evans recalled that Fergie never wanted a player to feel he had a right to play, or to line-up in a particular position.
But this rule was not applicable to van Persie or Ronaldo, as both were always first choice in their positions.
Evans further reveals that if in Ferguson`s view you were not performing, you were out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi