Only two players sure of their places in Man U squad: Jonny Evans
London: Manchester United defender Jonny Evans has revealed that in his time under Sir Alex Ferguson, only two players were ever sure of their places. One of them was Robin van Persie and the other was Cristiano Ronaldo.
Wayne Rooney was not, Evans adds.
Evans recalled that Fergie never wanted a player to feel he had a right to play, or to line-up in a particular position.
But this rule was not applicable to van Persie or Ronaldo, as both were always first choice in their positions.
Evans further reveals that if in Ferguson`s view you were not performing, you were out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred