Osasuna relegated amidst barrier collapse chaos
Pamplona: Osasuna and Valladolid were relegated to the Spanish second division on Sunday, but the final round of La Liga matches was overshadowed by the collapse of a barrier which injured 25 fans at Osasuna`s El Sadar stadium in Pamplona.
Five people were taken to hospital and a further 20 suffered minor injuries after the barrier gave way under the pressure of fans surging forward after Oriol Riera had given Osasuna the lead against already-relegated Real Betis.
The match was suspended for 35 minutes whilst the area was secured and the second-half in three other matches affecting the fight against relegation were also delayed so that all four finished at the same time.
Once play got back underway Osasuna went onto win 2-1, but it wasn`t enough to extend their 14-year stay in the Primera Division as Granada`s 1-0 victory at Valladolid thanks to Stefan Mitrovic`s own goal condemned both sides to the drop.
Getafe ensured their safety as two goals from Ciprian Marica handed them victory at Rayo Vallecano, whilst a point was enough for Almeria as they drew 0-0 at home to Athletic Bilbao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog