Sao Paulo: Palmeiras manager Oswaldo de Oliveira has denied reports linking him to the vacant Japan coaching job.
The 64-year-old Brazilian was touted as a possible replacement for Javier Aguirre, who was sacked after the Japan's quarter-final exit at last month's Asian Cup, reports Xinhua.
Oliveira reaffirmed his commitment to Palmeiras where he is contracted until December.
"Nobody in Japan has spoken to me. I am honoured that people are talking about me. But there is nothing to it," Oliveira said Friday.
The Japan Football Association is expected to make an announcement about the position before the domestic season starts March 7. Others to have been linked to the role are Luciano Spalletti, Dragan Stojkovic and Levir Culpi.
Oliveira is rated highly in Japan after guiding J-League club Kashima Antlers to nine trophies from 2007 to 2011.
"I have a signed contract so I can't talk about hypotheticals. I haven't had a concrete offer so I can't make an opinion. It's marvellous for me. I feel proud to be mentioned," Oliveira said.