Our decision would be neutral, unbiased, impartial: AIFF VP
New Delh: The senior vice-president of AIFF Subrata Dutta on Thursday said that the decision of the parent body regarding Mohun Bagan`s future in the I-League will be "neutral, unbiased and impartial".
"The president has received the report and we will have a meeting on 29th. Whatever little discussions I have had with the AIFF President (Praful Patel), he has clearly told us that law will take its own course. While taking a decision for the benefit of the game, we should be neutral, unbiased and impartial," Dutta told PTI today.
Mohun Bagan refused to field their team in the second half of the I-League derby against East Bengal after one of their players Syed Rahim Nabi was badly injured by a stone pelted from the stand.
"We will abide by the basic principles of natural justice. Let me inform you that our committee`s role will be to inform Mohun Bagan about the decision," he added.
An experienced sports administrator, Dutta did raise apprehensions that there is a possibility that either Mohun Bagan or East Bengal might move court if they don`t get a favourable decision.
"Obviously, they have an option of taking legal recourse if they are not happy with the decision but that will only put I-League in a limbo," Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi