Our decision would be neutral, unbiased, impartial: AIFF VP
New Delh: The senior vice-president of AIFF Subrata Dutta on Thursday said that the decision of the parent body regarding Mohun Bagan`s future in the I-League will be "neutral, unbiased and impartial".
"The president has received the report and we will have a meeting on 29th. Whatever little discussions I have had with the AIFF President (Praful Patel), he has clearly told us that law will take its own course. While taking a decision for the benefit of the game, we should be neutral, unbiased and impartial," Dutta told PTI today.
Mohun Bagan refused to field their team in the second half of the I-League derby against East Bengal after one of their players Syed Rahim Nabi was badly injured by a stone pelted from the stand.
"We will abide by the basic principles of natural justice. Let me inform you that our committee`s role will be to inform Mohun Bagan about the decision," he added.
An experienced sports administrator, Dutta did raise apprehensions that there is a possibility that either Mohun Bagan or East Bengal might move court if they don`t get a favourable decision.
"Obviously, they have an option of taking legal recourse if they are not happy with the decision but that will only put I-League in a limbo," Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'