Owen believes Arsenal will fail to qualify for CL despite Sanchez signing
London: Former England striker Michael Owen is reportedly of the opinion that Arsenal would finish outside the top four in the Premier League despite the arrival of Alexis Sanchez.
The former Liverpool and Manchester United striker believes that Arsenal will struggle to qualify for the Champions League this season.
Sanchez is the biggest name signing to arrive at the Emirates and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has also welcomed Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy, The Mirror reported.
However, despite Wenger lavishly spending the cash, Owen, earlier this week, said that Arsenal is still missing the quality to mount a credible title challenge.
Owen said that he has been really impressed with Arsenal`s signing of Sanchez as his signing has made everyone sit up and take note. The former striker said that he really does rate Sanchez as a top player.
But, Owen added that in particular order, his top four for next season would be Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool.
Owen said that Arsenal has not had any real stand out players in the last few years, like Thierry Henry and the club has just lagged behind.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement