Ozbey found guilty by IFA, ask to cough up one month`s salary
Kolkata: Tolgay Ozbey was on Monday found guilty of professional misconduct and the Australian forward was asked to cough up one month`s salary and a fine of INR 5 lakh in order to get a release from East Bengal.
The IFA players` status committee said both parties should respond to the order within 72 hours, otherwise it would be null and void, as Mohun Bagan termed it a harsh decision, while it was a moral victory for East Bengal.
"The committee felt that he did not handle the issue properly so he has been slapped a fine of INR 5 lakh that would go to the (IFA) benevolent club," IFA secretary Utpal Ganguli said.
Further, Ozbey would have to pay East Bengal his one-month`s salary (USD 18,450) and send a letter of apology to both his former club and IFA in order to procure his player`s registration token.
The IFA has also written to East Bengal with a request to withdraw the case against the Australian at the city civil court and return the token after getting the letter from the player.
East Bengal had moved court, terming Ozbey`s move to Mohun Bagan as "illegal" and demanded that he should play for the red and golds in the ensuing football season.
Reacting to the decision, Mohun Bagan general secretary Anjan Mitra said: "It`s really harsh and tough on him. But we want to sort this out so that he can play for us without any hassles."
An East Bengal official said, "The decision proves that we were right. It`s a moral victory for us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack