Ozil left for Arsenal after being unable to stand pressure: Florentino Perez
London: Spanish club Real Madrid`s president Florentino Perez has claimed that new Arsenal player Mesut Ozil could not handle the pressure at the La Liga club and that was why he asked to leave.
According to The Daily Star, Real boss Carlo Ancelotti recently revealed he thought Ozil left because of competition for places in the starting line-up.
Perez said that nobody leaves Madrid if they don`t want to leave and after hearing a lot of people talk about the departure of Ozil, it was his turn to talk.
The president said that Ozil thought he had a lot of competition for places and asked to leave, which does not happen to everyone, adding that the coaching staff`s decision was to let him leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!