Ozil left for Arsenal after being unable to stand pressure: Florentino Perez
London: Spanish club Real Madrid`s president Florentino Perez has claimed that new Arsenal player Mesut Ozil could not handle the pressure at the La Liga club and that was why he asked to leave.
According to The Daily Star, Real boss Carlo Ancelotti recently revealed he thought Ozil left because of competition for places in the starting line-up.
Perez said that nobody leaves Madrid if they don`t want to leave and after hearing a lot of people talk about the departure of Ozil, it was his turn to talk.
The president said that Ozil thought he had a lot of competition for places and asked to leave, which does not happen to everyone, adding that the coaching staff`s decision was to let him leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley