Ozil reveals new Madrid tactics
Madrid: Mesut Ozil has revealed the tactics Real Madrid will be focused on under new coach Carlo Ancelotti.
Jose Mourinho crafted a team that was destructive on the counterattack and clinical with possession, but the German midfielder - who wants to play in the centre of the pitch this season for the Blancos - has explained that the incoming boss is keen to see his side more comfortable with ball retention.
"The right wing is not my favourite position, I prefer to play in the hole," Ozil, 24, told reporters at a press conference to unveil the new Madrid away kit. "However, my relationship with the coach is very good.
"We’re training well and are very happy. Ancelotti knows how he wants to play, and his ideas are clear. He also has the right players for this system.
"He wants to play differently to Mourinho and our game will be more about speed and keeping the ball."
With Gonzalo Higuain on the verge of joining Napoli, Karim Benzema believes that the likes of Alvaro Morata and Jese Rodriguez will have their chance to shine up front this season at the Santiago Bernabeu.
"Morata and Jese are ready to have a great season," the French forward, 25, said. "Ancelotti is very experienced and is good for Madrid.
Zidane gets on with everyone and gives advice, which is important here because he won everything. He’s a great example."
Morata wants to emulate his heroes by carving out a memorable career at Madrid and claims that the new boss has demanded extra effort from the club`s up-and-coming players in pre-season training.
"My dream right now is to stay in the team, help out and win trophies," the 20-year-old said. "[Emilio] Butragueno, [Miguel] Pardeza and Raul all came up through the ranks and I want to follow in their footsteps.
"Ancelotti asks us young players to work harder than the rest. I don’t want to take anyone’s place away from them, I just want to learn and take on board the advice I receive.
"I’m ready to play, I’m not 17 and they can rely on me. The other lads know how hard I train and after the summer I’m even more confident."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur