Pailan Arrow share point with Mumbai FC
Kolkata: City-based Pailan Arrows failed to hold on to their lead and settled for a 1-1 draw against Mumbai FC in the eighth round of the I-League at Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Saturday.
Placed second from bottom in the league and fighting relegation from the premier division, Sukwinder Singh`s boys once again failed to capitalise on home advantage.
Both the teams were struggling at the bottom with Mumbai FC at 11th position having 7 points, while Pailan at 13th position with 4 points from 8 matches. After a barren first half when both sides made unsuccessful forays, Pailan wrested the initiative and forged ahead in the 58th minute through their forward Milan Singh (1-0).
Stung by the reverse, the Mumbai side went all out and forced a series of raids to earn the equaliser 20 minutes later. Mumbai FC`s Friday found the target with an angular shot to restore parity and thus deny Pailan a win.
Pailan are yet to taste victory in this year`s I-league like HAL Bangalore who are now at the bottom of the table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read