Pailan Arrows draw 1-1 with Pune FC
Kolkata: Pailan Arrows continued with their streak of draws as Pune FC, riding on Mandjou Keita`s strike, held the hosts 1-1 in their I-League fixture at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Thursday.
Yet to win from 12 matches, the developmental side of AIFF took a 13th-minute lead through Jibon Singh, but the in-form Pune FC equalised in the 40th minute.
Pune FC now have 19 points, while the Arrows remained at 13th with seven points.
The visitors had some chances to settle the issue.
Arrows goalie Naveen Kumar, who was adjudged Man of the Match, was at his best in the closing minutes of the game, denying Pune FC a decisive goal.
Keita missed an open header in the 83rd minute, while Pierre Djidjia Douhou`s shot was saved by Naveen in the 89th.
Arrows, too, were desperate to get that decisive goal that would have handed them the elusive win.
But Abhra Mondal excelled under the bar to deny the local challengers full points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez