Pailan Arrows draw 1-1 with Pune FC
Kolkata: Pailan Arrows continued with their streak of draws as Pune FC, riding on Mandjou Keita`s strike, held the hosts 1-1 in their I-League fixture at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Thursday.
Yet to win from 12 matches, the developmental side of AIFF took a 13th-minute lead through Jibon Singh, but the in-form Pune FC equalised in the 40th minute.
Pune FC now have 19 points, while the Arrows remained at 13th with seven points.
The visitors had some chances to settle the issue.
Arrows goalie Naveen Kumar, who was adjudged Man of the Match, was at his best in the closing minutes of the game, denying Pune FC a decisive goal.
Keita missed an open header in the 83rd minute, while Pierre Djidjia Douhou`s shot was saved by Naveen in the 89th.
Arrows, too, were desperate to get that decisive goal that would have handed them the elusive win.
But Abhra Mondal excelled under the bar to deny the local challengers full points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends