Pailan Arrows draw 1-1 with Pune FC
Kolkata: Pailan Arrows continued with their streak of draws as Pune FC, riding on Mandjou Keita`s strike, held the hosts 1-1 in their I-League fixture at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Thursday.
Yet to win from 12 matches, the developmental side of AIFF took a 13th-minute lead through Jibon Singh, but the in-form Pune FC equalised in the 40th minute.
Pune FC now have 19 points, while the Arrows remained at 13th with seven points.
The visitors had some chances to settle the issue.
Arrows goalie Naveen Kumar, who was adjudged Man of the Match, was at his best in the closing minutes of the game, denying Pune FC a decisive goal.
Keita missed an open header in the 83rd minute, while Pierre Djidjia Douhou`s shot was saved by Naveen in the 89th.
Arrows, too, were desperate to get that decisive goal that would have handed them the elusive win.
But Abhra Mondal excelled under the bar to deny the local challengers full points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?