Pailan Arrows hold India seniors, Chetri misses spot-kick
New Delhi: Striker Sunil Chetri is yet to get into the groove as he failed to score from a spot-kick with young boys from I-League team Pailan Arrows held India`s Nehru Cup squad to a goalless draw at the Jaypee Greens, here on Saturday.
Chetri, whose shot hit the post said that mood in the camp was "perfect."
"We are really working hard to do what the coach wants us to do. It is a new system and it will take time. But we are moving in the right direction."
Goalie Subrata Paul added:"It`s surely a new system. The build-up starts from the goalkeeper an integral part. It feels nice to be at the National Camp after so long."
Chhetri was all praise for the Pailan wards.
"They are a very tough unit. It was a very competitive match. They were not overawed and matched us. We regrouped better in the second half," said the player who is in Sporting Lisbon`s second team.
Talking about his Portugal stint, Chetri said,"There are players from all over Europe in the squad and also from Africa. I am the oldest member in the squad and hence, the responsibility is greater."
Paul, who has also been back from a trial with RB Leipzig informed the football played "in Germany was much more direct. It was nice to be in an alien environment. They praised my work ethics and that means a lot to me."
Subrata played the entire 90 minutes while Chhetri was substituted after 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'