Palmeiras targets Cagliari striker Ribeiro
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil): Brazilian striker Thiago Ribeiro has revealed his desire to leave Serie A club Cagliari and return to his homeland.
On loan at the Italian outfit since August last year, the 26-year-old hinted on Tuesday he could be ready to join Brazil`s Palmeiras.
"Palmeiras called my agent (Juan Figer) but there was nothing he could say because my loan doesn`t finish until June 30 and there is a buy-out option on the contract which gives Cagliari preference," Ribeiro said.
Ribeiro said his prime reason for wanting to return was family-motivated.
"Cagliari told me they wanted me there next season but I told them about my personal difficulties," Ribeiro said.
"I am a long way from my daughter. I only see her at Christmas and in the June holidays which is not ideal. I conveyed this to the club and am now waiting for their response."
Ribeiro currently belongs to Uruguay`s Rentistas, the club his agent Juan Figer uses to register his players.
Cagliari has the option of buying the former Bordeaux forward for 5 million US dollars before the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption