Palmeiras targets Cagliari striker Ribeiro
Rio de Janeiro (Brazil): Brazilian striker Thiago Ribeiro has revealed his desire to leave Serie A club Cagliari and return to his homeland.
On loan at the Italian outfit since August last year, the 26-year-old hinted on Tuesday he could be ready to join Brazil`s Palmeiras.
"Palmeiras called my agent (Juan Figer) but there was nothing he could say because my loan doesn`t finish until June 30 and there is a buy-out option on the contract which gives Cagliari preference," Ribeiro said.
Ribeiro said his prime reason for wanting to return was family-motivated.
"Cagliari told me they wanted me there next season but I told them about my personal difficulties," Ribeiro said.
"I am a long way from my daughter. I only see her at Christmas and in the June holidays which is not ideal. I conveyed this to the club and am now waiting for their response."
Ribeiro currently belongs to Uruguay`s Rentistas, the club his agent Juan Figer uses to register his players.
Cagliari has the option of buying the former Bordeaux forward for 5 million US dollars before the end of the month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city