Paraguay thrashes Hong Kong 7-0 in friendly
HONG KONG: Roque Santa Cruz took advantage of some rare playing time to score two goals in Paraguay`s 7-0 thrashing of Hong Kong on Wednesday. Santa Cruz has made only two appearances for his club Manchester City this season, but he made the Paraguay starting lineup and scored either side of Edgar Barreto`s goal to help his side take a 3-0 lead at the break.
A double from Jose Ortigoza and goals by Marcos Riveros and Cristian Riveros in the second half helped the World Cup quarterfinalists ease to victory. Hong Kong threatened only once when Lee Hong Lim`s 25 yard (meter) strike was parried away by Paraguayan goalkeeper Justo Villar in the 17th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption