Paraguay thrashes Hong Kong 7-0 in friendly
HONG KONG: Roque Santa Cruz took advantage of some rare playing time to score two goals in Paraguay`s 7-0 thrashing of Hong Kong on Wednesday. Santa Cruz has made only two appearances for his club Manchester City this season, but he made the Paraguay starting lineup and scored either side of Edgar Barreto`s goal to help his side take a 3-0 lead at the break.
A double from Jose Ortigoza and goals by Marcos Riveros and Cristian Riveros in the second half helped the World Cup quarterfinalists ease to victory. Hong Kong threatened only once when Lee Hong Lim`s 25 yard (meter) strike was parried away by Paraguayan goalkeeper Justo Villar in the 17th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President