Paraguay thrashes Hong Kong 7-0 in friendly
HONG KONG: Roque Santa Cruz took advantage of some rare playing time to score two goals in Paraguay`s 7-0 thrashing of Hong Kong on Wednesday. Santa Cruz has made only two appearances for his club Manchester City this season, but he made the Paraguay starting lineup and scored either side of Edgar Barreto`s goal to help his side take a 3-0 lead at the break.
A double from Jose Ortigoza and goals by Marcos Riveros and Cristian Riveros in the second half helped the World Cup quarterfinalists ease to victory. Hong Kong threatened only once when Lee Hong Lim`s 25 yard (meter) strike was parried away by Paraguayan goalkeeper Justo Villar in the 17th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources