Paralysed teen may kick off 2014 Football World Cup`s opening game
London: A paralysed teen, using an advanced mind-controlled exoskeleton, may get to provide the first ceremonial kick of the opening game of the 2014 Football World Cup.
This event would showcase the ` Walk Again Project,` which is an international collaboration that uses technology to help paralysed overcome their problem, New Scientist reported.
The exoskeleton provides support to the lower body and brain activity patterns detected by electrodes placed either on the scalp or within the brain itself, help control it.
The signals are then transmitted to a computer worn by the wearer, which then converts them into movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security