Pardew fined, warned by Newcastle over headbutt
London: Newcastle fined manager Alan Pardew £100,000 (121,328 euros) and gave him a formal warning for headbutting an opposition player in Saturday`s game at Hull.
The 52-year-old Pardew clashed with Hull`s David Meyler during his side`s 4-1 win and later apologised for the sensational incident.
"Alan has accepted a formal warning from the club in relation to his behaviour today and also a club fine of £100,000," said a club statement.
Despite apologising. Pardew will still face a Football Association investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Six dead, 17 wounded as suicide bombers strike Lebanese village
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!