Pardew fined, warned by Newcastle over headbutt
London: Newcastle fined manager Alan Pardew £100,000 (121,328 euros) and gave him a formal warning for headbutting an opposition player in Saturday`s game at Hull.
The 52-year-old Pardew clashed with Hull`s David Meyler during his side`s 4-1 win and later apologised for the sensational incident.
"Alan has accepted a formal warning from the club in relation to his behaviour today and also a club fine of £100,000," said a club statement.
Despite apologising. Pardew will still face a Football Association investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt