Paris Saint-Germain boss Ancelotti rules out Ashley Cole move
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti has categorically denied speculation linking Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole with a move to the Parc des Princes this summer.
The Italian coach was believed to have been weighing up a move for the England international, who he coached to English Premier League success during their time together at Stamford Bridge.
However, Ancelotti revealed after PSG`s penalty defeat to Barcelona in a pre-season friendly on Saturday that they are no longer looking for reinforcements.
"Our transfer window is over, and Ashley Cole will not come," Ancelotti stated to BeIn Sport.
The 53-year-old then praised his charges for their mentality against Tito Vilanova`s outfit, who were held to a 2-2 draw in regular time before claiming victory on spot-kicks.
"It was a difficult game, but a great experience for us. We put in a great performance. We tried to play and did well there. Our confidence can only increase from this point onwards."
Les Parisiens have already added Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva from AC Milan, as well as Ezequiel Lavezzi from Napoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day