Paris Saint-Germain to appeal Ibrahimovic`s Champions League ban
Paris: UEFA has announced it will hear Paris Saint-Germain`s appeal against Zlatan Ibrahimovic`s Champions League ban on March 26.
The forward was sent off during les Parisiens` last-16 first-leg win over Valencia on February 12, with the Ligue 1 leaders running out 2-1 winners.
PSG will now attempt to have the two-match suspension reduced by UEFA`s disciplinary committee, after Ibrahimovic sat out the first half of that ban in the second-leg against los Che.
Should UEFA decide to reject the appeal, then the Sweden striker will be unavailable for the quarter-final fixture against his former club Barcelona at Parc des Princes on April 2.
After the request has been examined, European football`s governing body will decide to either waive the ban, uphold it, or even extend it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'