Paris Saint-Germain to appeal Ibrahimovic`s Champions League ban
Paris: UEFA has announced it will hear Paris Saint-Germain`s appeal against Zlatan Ibrahimovic`s Champions League ban on March 26.
The forward was sent off during les Parisiens` last-16 first-leg win over Valencia on February 12, with the Ligue 1 leaders running out 2-1 winners.
PSG will now attempt to have the two-match suspension reduced by UEFA`s disciplinary committee, after Ibrahimovic sat out the first half of that ban in the second-leg against los Che.
Should UEFA decide to reject the appeal, then the Sweden striker will be unavailable for the quarter-final fixture against his former club Barcelona at Parc des Princes on April 2.
After the request has been examined, European football`s governing body will decide to either waive the ban, uphold it, or even extend it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive