Parma sign Molinaro from Stuttgart: Official
Italian left-back Cristian Molinaro returned to Serie A on Thursday after signing for Parma from German side Stuttgart, the Italian club announced.
No financial details of the deal were revealed by either club, Parma simply stating they had made the deal `permanent`.
"Parma has signed defender Cristian Molinaro from Stuttgart on a permanent basis," the club said in a statement.
"After four years in Germany, the player returns to Italy where he played for Salernitana, Siena and Juventus."
Molinaro, 30, has also played a handful of games for Italy following his first call-up by current coach Cesare Prandelli.
He joined Stuttgart, initially on loan, from Juventus in January 2010. The German side signed him on a permanent deal, until June 2014, in the summer of 2010.
Parma, who have never won Serie A but boast two UEFA Cup trophies and a UEFA Cup winners` Cup, currently sit seventh in Serie A one point off the first qualifying place for the Europa League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand