Parma sign Molinaro from Stuttgart: Official
Italian left-back Cristian Molinaro returned to Serie A on Thursday after signing for Parma from German side Stuttgart, the Italian club announced.
No financial details of the deal were revealed by either club, Parma simply stating they had made the deal `permanent`.
"Parma has signed defender Cristian Molinaro from Stuttgart on a permanent basis," the club said in a statement.
"After four years in Germany, the player returns to Italy where he played for Salernitana, Siena and Juventus."
Molinaro, 30, has also played a handful of games for Italy following his first call-up by current coach Cesare Prandelli.
He joined Stuttgart, initially on loan, from Juventus in January 2010. The German side signed him on a permanent deal, until June 2014, in the summer of 2010.
Parma, who have never won Serie A but boast two UEFA Cup trophies and a UEFA Cup winners` Cup, currently sit seventh in Serie A one point off the first qualifying place for the Europa League.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis