‘Pato can become Brazil`s new Ronaldo’
Brazil: Brazil coach Mano Menezes has confidence AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato has what it takes to become the new Ronaldo.
Pato, 21, is in the Brazil squad for the Copa America and his coach expects him to thrive like the former legendary striker who won two World Cups.
"The fans always expect to see someone who will replace their previous idols and now they want Pato to be a Ronaldo or Romario," Menezes was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
"I ask for calm because I feel Pato has the right characteristics to occupy that [Ronaldo`s] place.
"People are always talking about Neymar, but Pato has the quality to become the player we all want him to be."
Brazil`s Copa America campaign kicks off on July 3 against Venezuela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter