Pato joins Corinthians
Sao Paulo: Brazilian football club Corinthians has announced the signing of striker Alexandre Pato for 15 million euros from Italian giants AC Milan.
The player signed a four-year contract Thursday and will retain 40 percent of his economic rights, with the other 60 percent belonging to the Paulista club, reports Xinhua.
The 23-year-old should be officially presented as a Corinthians player Jan 14, when the squad return for pre-season training. Pato will be handed the number seven shirt, the same number he wore at Milan.
During his five year stay in Italy the striker scored 63 goals in 150 matches. He also has nine goals in 22 games for the Brazilian national side.
The player is hoping to force himself into the reckoning for the World Cup next year. But his first task will be to break into the Corinthians attack head of Emerson Sheik and Paolo Guerrero, scorer of the winner against Chelsea that gave Corinthians the world title.
But Pato` s toughest battle will be against the injuries that have plagued his brief career. In the last four years he has suffered 16 separate setbacks, the majority to his knees.
However his stint at Milan was not without success. Pato won the World Club Cup, the Italian championship and the Italian Super Cup with the 2007 European champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!