Patrice Evra concerned by growing injury list at Old Trafford
London: Manchester United fullback Patrice Evra admits he is becoming increasingly concerned by the growing injury crisis at Old Trafford.
Jonny Evans became the latest player to be sidelined, after the defender was forced off at halftime during United’s 5-0 win over Wigan on Boxing Day, with 11 first-team players now out of action for the Red Devils.
Michael Carrick was forced to start in the center of defense, with Evra partnering him in the second half following Evans` injury, and whilst Phil Jones and Chris Smalling may feature in Saturday`s clash with Blackburn, Evra admits he is worried as to how United`s injury woes will affect their title challenge.
"I am a little bit worried because we need everyone if we are going to win the league," the France international told reporters. "It is starting to get annoying.”
"It is not the first year we got so many injuries. Two years ago I played with Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher at the back.”
"The most important thing is that we won but I hope everyone gets fit because Blackburn is another big game and we need all the defenders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore