Patrice Evra says Manchester United learning lessons from last season’s blunders
London: Manchester United defender Patrice Evra believes the team is learning from the mistakes it committed last season, when they lost the Premier League title race on goal difference to local rivals Manchester City.
On 31st December 2011, the Red Devils were somehow beaten 3-2 at Old Trafford by an out-of-sorts Blackburn team destined for the drop, the Sun reports. However, there have been no such slip-ups between Christmas and New Year this time around, meaning United boss Alex Ferguson celebrated his 71st birthday on Monday with a seven-point lead.
Tuesday, however, provides another chance to put Evra’s theory to the test as United make the short journey to face Wigan, it added.
Everyone in the red half of town still shudders at the memory of April 11, when they lost 1-0 to Roberto Martinez’s men and let Manchester City back into the title race, the paper further reported.
Heading in to 2013, there is a determination around Old Trafford to win a 20th title in May and knock City off their perch in the process, it concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid