Patrice Evra says Manchester United learning lessons from last season’s blunders
London: Manchester United defender Patrice Evra believes the team is learning from the mistakes it committed last season, when they lost the Premier League title race on goal difference to local rivals Manchester City.
On 31st December 2011, the Red Devils were somehow beaten 3-2 at Old Trafford by an out-of-sorts Blackburn team destined for the drop, the Sun reports. However, there have been no such slip-ups between Christmas and New Year this time around, meaning United boss Alex Ferguson celebrated his 71st birthday on Monday with a seven-point lead.
Tuesday, however, provides another chance to put Evra’s theory to the test as United make the short journey to face Wigan, it added.
Everyone in the red half of town still shudders at the memory of April 11, when they lost 1-0 to Roberto Martinez’s men and let Manchester City back into the title race, the paper further reported.
Heading in to 2013, there is a determination around Old Trafford to win a 20th title in May and knock City off their perch in the process, it concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire