Pazzini out for up to six months
Italy: AC Milan have revealed that the striker will be out of action until at least the Autumn after undergoing an operation on a knee injury.
AC Milan have confirmed that Giampaolo Pazzini faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after undergoing knee surgery in Belgium.
The 28-year-old featured for 45 minutes in his side`s 2-1 win over Siena that sealed third spot in the Serie A table last weekend, but went under the knife this week to resolve a knee problem.
"AC Milan wishes to communicate that Giampaolo Pazzini has undergone surgery on his right knee," a statement on the club`s official website reads.
"The operation took place in Namur, Belgium and was successfully completed by Prof. Martens. The player is expected to return to action within four to six months."
Pazzini joined Milan from Inter at the start of the 2012-13 campaign and netted 15 goals in 30 league appearances for the Rossoneri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video