Pazzini out for up to six months
Italy: AC Milan have revealed that the striker will be out of action until at least the Autumn after undergoing an operation on a knee injury.
AC Milan have confirmed that Giampaolo Pazzini faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after undergoing knee surgery in Belgium.
The 28-year-old featured for 45 minutes in his side`s 2-1 win over Siena that sealed third spot in the Serie A table last weekend, but went under the knife this week to resolve a knee problem.
"AC Milan wishes to communicate that Giampaolo Pazzini has undergone surgery on his right knee," a statement on the club`s official website reads.
"The operation took place in Namur, Belgium and was successfully completed by Prof. Martens. The player is expected to return to action within four to six months."
Pazzini joined Milan from Inter at the start of the 2012-13 campaign and netted 15 goals in 30 league appearances for the Rossoneri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JKBOSE class 10 re-evaluation result 2015 declared; check Jkbose.co.in
- Ten things women hate about men!
- MHADA lottery 2016: Now, book your dream home in Mumbai, MHADA online form available here
- 10-wicket haul vs Pakistan or bowling with a broken jaw: Which is your favourite Anil Kumble moment?
- UP Basic Training Certificates: Registration opens for 2-year BTC diploma course for filling assistant teachers' jobs