Pearson eyes Championship title
London: Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is eyeing winning the Championship title rather than just luxuriating in the fact they`ve won promotion to the Premier League.
The Midlands club`s return to the elite was sealed on Saturday but Pearson wants his side to maintain their nine-point lead at the top of the table over second-placed Burnley with six matches of the season left.
"Everyone associated with the club deserved to enjoy it over the weekend, but it is back to work now. We want to win the title," said Pearson, whose Foxes are at home to play-off contenders Brighton on Tuesday.
"To secure promotion with six games remaining is a great achievement, but we want to see the job through properly. "We are back to work now and ready to focus on a tough game against a very good side."
However, with Leicester heading back to the top flight for the first time since their relegation in 2004, Pearson is thinking about next season.
"I think we have a lot of -players in this squad who are capable of making the step up, and I intend to keep the whole squad together," he said.
"I am talking about the squad that is currently involved in the games. I will do everything I can to keep those players together and add to that to make us a team that can function when we get where we want to be."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners