Pedro, Fabregas back in Barca training
Madrid: Spanish international duo Pedro Rodriguez and Cesc Fabregas are expected to be fit for Barcelona`s league opener against Levante after taking part in training on Wednesday.
"The two players who were injured on the tour of Asia have taken part in some of the session with the rest of the team," said a statement on Barca`s website.
Neither player had travelled with the Spain squad for their friendly with Ecuador in Guayaquil on Wednesday evening.
Pedro was not included in Vicente del Bosque`s squad because of a calf injury, while Fabregas was forced to pull out of the travelling party to South America with a sprained right ankle.
Lionel Messi meanwhile could yet face Levante on Sunday as he continued his recovery work from a thigh injury that ruled him out of Argentina`s friendly against Italy on Wednesday night.
There was more good news on the injury front for the Catalans as captain Carles Puyol stepped up the intensity of his training following knee surgery to remove a cyst last month.
However, the 35-year-old is not expected to be match fit until the end of September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video