Pele leaves hospital after successful operation
Sao Paulo: Pele thanked supporters in his homeland for their concern after he was discharged from hospital on Thursday.
The 72-year-old underwent hip replacement surgery at the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo and was allowed home following the completion of a successful procedure, before expressing his thanks to the general public.
"I never imagined that the Brazilian people had so much concern for me," he told Folha de Sao Paulo.
Pele left hospital in a wheelchair and will need the assistance of a cane in the coming days while the incision heals. He has also been advised to take a rest from physical activity for the next few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing