Pele leaves hospital after successful operation
Sao Paulo: Pele thanked supporters in his homeland for their concern after he was discharged from hospital on Thursday.
The 72-year-old underwent hip replacement surgery at the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo and was allowed home following the completion of a successful procedure, before expressing his thanks to the general public.
"I never imagined that the Brazilian people had so much concern for me," he told Folha de Sao Paulo.
Pele left hospital in a wheelchair and will need the assistance of a cane in the coming days while the incision heals. He has also been advised to take a rest from physical activity for the next few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter