Pep Guardiola laughs off Neuer to City reports
Bayern coach Pep Guardiola has laughed off reports Manchester City have tabled a 48 million euros bid (£40m) for Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League clash.
Bayern host Manchester City at Munich`s Allianz Arena with the Premier League side needing to win at least 3-0 to knock the hosts from first place in Group D with both sides already through to the knock-out stages.
Guardiola has said he is deadly serious about the Bavarians` intentions of beating City to become only the sixth team in Champions League history to emerge from the group stages with a 100 per cent record from the six games.
But the Spaniard laughed off British media reports that City have tabled a huge bid for Neuer, the rock in the Bayern defence which has leaked just nine goals in 20 Bundesliga and Champions League games this season.
"No chance," said Guardiola succinctly with Neuer under contract until June 2016.
City coach Manuel Pellegrini is set to start Joe Hart, who has struggled for form this season, against Bayern after the England goalkeeper was left out of Saturday`s 1-1 draw at Southampton with Costel Pantilimon prefered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre