Pep Guardiola to snub City for United?
London: Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is ready to snub Manchester City’s growing advances towards him for the Manchester United job after Sir Alex Ferguson eventually retires.
It was previously reported in media that City had told Guardiola to name his price to replace current manager Roberto Mancini, the Daily Star reports. City sporting director Txiki Begiristain met with the Spaniard but the former Barcelona boss told friends it is the United job he wants, it reported.
That is expected to be available in the summer with Ferguson planning to retire but even if he changes his mind, Guardiola is prepared to wait, the paper said.
In a huge snub to City, Guardiola would extend his sabbatical should Fergie decide to stay, the paper added. Guardiola could double his money at City but is more interested in the Old Trafford project and has met Ferguson over the last few months to discuss it and are reported to have met at least three times there recently.
A three-year deal is on the table for Guardiola who will want two assistants and three new coaches for the club’s youth programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players