Pep Guardiola to snub City for United?
London: Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is ready to snub Manchester City’s growing advances towards him for the Manchester United job after Sir Alex Ferguson eventually retires.
It was previously reported in media that City had told Guardiola to name his price to replace current manager Roberto Mancini, the Daily Star reports. City sporting director Txiki Begiristain met with the Spaniard but the former Barcelona boss told friends it is the United job he wants, it reported.
That is expected to be available in the summer with Ferguson planning to retire but even if he changes his mind, Guardiola is prepared to wait, the paper said.
In a huge snub to City, Guardiola would extend his sabbatical should Fergie decide to stay, the paper added. Guardiola could double his money at City but is more interested in the Old Trafford project and has met Ferguson over the last few months to discuss it and are reported to have met at least three times there recently.
A three-year deal is on the table for Guardiola who will want two assistants and three new coaches for the club’s youth programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS