Pepsi `forced to apologise` for Cristiano Ronaldo `voodoo doll` Ad
London: Pepsi Max have apologised to Cristiano Ronaldo for an advert where he is shown as a voodoo doll on train tracks before the World Cup qualifier against Sweden.
According to the Mirror, the soft drink giant offered sincere and profound apologies to the football star.
The picture was posted on Pepsi`s official Facebook page in Sweden on the day the Swedes took on Ronaldo`s Portugal in a crucial World Cup qualifier, the report said.
The toy doll was wearing Portugal`s red strip and Ronaldo`s number 7, accompanied by the caption `We`re going to pass over Portugal`, the report added.
Another photo showed the doll Ronaldo`s head crushed by a Pepsi can and a third showed it full of voodoo needles, the report further said.
Thousands of furious Portuguese fans had threatened to boycott the drink, according to the report.
Ronaldo, 28, had the last laugh as he scored a hat trick in his side`s 3-2 victory over Sweden on Tuesday night to ensure the Portugal`s place in Brazil next summer, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic