Peruvian striker Pizzaro leaves Werder Bremen
Berlin: Peruvian veteran striker Claudio Pizzaro will leave German football club Werder Bremen, the club announced.
Pizzaro informed Bremen Tuesday that he would no longer play for the green-whites for the upcoming season.
"We must accept this decision. I would like to continue working with him. We can now accelerate the planning for the upcoming season. We are now looking for attractive solutions," Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Claudio Pizzaro played six years for Bremen and scored 89 goals in 159 official matches.
"That was a very difficult decision for me because I feel a great love for the team and this club, but I would like to end my career with something different. What it will be, I cannot say yet. I have some offers," Pizzaro said.
Pizzaro is has got 62 international caps and has scored 16 goals for Peru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC