Peruvian striker Pizzaro leaves Werder Bremen
Berlin: Peruvian veteran striker Claudio Pizzaro will leave German football club Werder Bremen, the club announced.
Pizzaro informed Bremen Tuesday that he would no longer play for the green-whites for the upcoming season.
"We must accept this decision. I would like to continue working with him. We can now accelerate the planning for the upcoming season. We are now looking for attractive solutions," Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Claudio Pizzaro played six years for Bremen and scored 89 goals in 159 official matches.
"That was a very difficult decision for me because I feel a great love for the team and this club, but I would like to end my career with something different. What it will be, I cannot say yet. I have some offers," Pizzaro said.
Pizzaro is has got 62 international caps and has scored 16 goals for Peru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'