Peruvian striker Pizzaro leaves Werder Bremen
Berlin: Peruvian veteran striker Claudio Pizzaro will leave German football club Werder Bremen, the club announced.
Pizzaro informed Bremen Tuesday that he would no longer play for the green-whites for the upcoming season.
"We must accept this decision. I would like to continue working with him. We can now accelerate the planning for the upcoming season. We are now looking for attractive solutions," Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Claudio Pizzaro played six years for Bremen and scored 89 goals in 159 official matches.
"That was a very difficult decision for me because I feel a great love for the team and this club, but I would like to end my career with something different. What it will be, I cannot say yet. I have some offers," Pizzaro said.
Pizzaro is has got 62 international caps and has scored 16 goals for Peru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened