Peter Crouch ‘still hopes’ to play again for England
London: Stoke City striker Peter Crouch has said that he has not yet given up hopes for playing for England again, although he admitted that it is doubtful that manager Roy Hodgson will end his three-year old exile from the game.
The striker, who has hit 22 goals in 42 internationals, said that it was hard for him at first after leaving the England team when people did not believe that he was an England player.
Stating that it was one of the lowest times that he had felt, Crouch however hoped for an opportunity to play and score again for England, adding that he has a good goal record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set