Petr Cech requires surgery on injured elbow, insists doctor
Prague: Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech will require surgery on an injured elbow next summer, according to the Czech Republic‘s team doctor.
Michal Bilek, coach of the Czech national team, has agreed to rest the 30-year-old shot-stopper from any international friendlies as Chelsea hope to manage the former Rennes keeper`s injury throughout the season.
Cech captained his country during Saturday`s 0-0 draw against Denmark, but will not feature in their friendly against Finland on Tuesday.
Team doctor Petr Krejci told the Czech news agency CTK: "An investigation showed a bit of ossification in his elbow, so they [Chelsea] are planning a surgery in England after the season.
"They have asked us if we could rest him in friendly fixtures. We have come to an agreement with coach Michal Bilek and decided to be on good terms with Chelsea.
"We are going to grant their wish and rest him.
"Petr cannot stretch the arm properly. If he has to stretch the elbow, it hurts him sometimes.
"There is nothing to be worried about, though. There is basically nothing that could make this problem worse.
"The only thing that could force an immediate surgery is if the intensity of pain would get much higher or if the elbow was blocked in some way."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout