PFF announces 5 million rupees for football team after beating India 2-0
Karachi: Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) president Saleh Faisal Hayat has announced a cash prize of five million rupees for the national team players for defeating India in the second match of the two-game friendship series in Bangalore.
"The 2-0 win our boys got over India today is a big step forward for Pakistan football," Hayat told PTI on telephone.
"India is ahead of us in football in terms of finances, facilities and domestic leagues so this win is no small achievement," he said.
India won the first match of the series by a solitary goal before Pakistan registered a convincing 2-0 victory over the hosts today through skipper Kaleemullah and Saddam Hussain`s goals.
It was the first football series between the two countries in a span of nine years.
"The win is a boost for us coming ahead of the Asian Games. Things are looking up for Pakistan football with our street children team doing well in international events. Some of our players playing abroad as professionals and now this series victory...," Hayat said.
He said the recent World Cup in Brazil had shown that there was immense interest in football among the youths of Pakistan.
"I am confident that Pakistan will start moving up in the football world soon because sponsors also want to invest in sports and events where the youth has a major interest and passion," he said.
He said the huge turnouts for the two Indo-Pak games in Bangalore had shown there was huge interest for such series.
"We will also be talking about having regular bilateral series and hosting India and also about the possibility of having tournaments with India and other neighboring countries in the United Kingdom where there is a large Asian expatriate community," he said.
Hayat said the players were happy with the hospitality provided to them in India.
"We can learn a lot from India and move on and I am confident some of our players like Kaleem will eventually feature in the lucrative Indian Super League," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'