Piazon sings new Chelsea arrival Wallace`s praises
London: Chelsea forward Lucas Piazon has sung the praises of new signing Wallace, whom he has played alongside for Brazil`s youth international sides.
The 19-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge this summer from Fluminense, having already signed a pre-contract with the club in January.
After flying out to Bangkok on Friday to join the Chelsea team, Wallace has been settling in with the Blues and his compatriot Piazon hailed the defender`s talent.
"I played with Wallace a lot before, in the Brazil Under-15 and Under-17 teams, and he is a quick right-back who likes to attack a lot, but he also defends very well as well and I am sure he will like it at Chelsea," Piazon told the club`s official website.
Piazon, having returned from a loan with Malaga in Spain last season, Piazon, is happy with how pre-season has gone so far and believes his time away from Stamford Bridge in 2011-12 helped him develop as a player.
"Training has been good, very hard, and some of the players are very tired, but that`s pre-season, and we`re all enjoying it," he said.
"I think the heat is easier for me because I am used to it in Brazil like this.
"I also think it was good for me [to go on loan]. I could play a lot of games and played in La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey. It was nice to finish the season playing some important games so I was happy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!