Pique sidelined for two weeks
Barcelona: Barcelona defender Gerard Pique will be out for two weeks after picking up a calf injury in his side`s 3-1 defeat to Real Sociedad on Saturday, the club confirmed on Sunday.
Pique endured a rare torrid evening in San Sebastian as a third league defeat of the season left Barca three points adrift of Real Madrid at the top of La Liga.
The Spanish international could be back in time for the second leg of Barca`s Champions League last 16 tie against Manchester City on March 12.
However, he is likely to miss Spain`s final friendly before Vicente del Bosque names his squad for the World Cup against Italy on March 5, as well as La Liga matches against Almeria and Valladolid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'