Pirlo still wants to play for Italy, says coach
Rome: Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli insists that Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo wants to continue his international service for the national football team.
There have been rumours that the midfielder would quit the international scene so as to concentrate on his club career given that he is now 33, as reported by a news agency.
However, speaking to an Italian sports TV channel Friday, Prandelli said that the playmaker is still a key part of his project.
"Andrea is the only guy who needs to make a decision on what he wants to do in the future," he said.
"I had a conversation with him recently and he still feels like he wants to be a reference point for this blue shirt.
"He wants to get to the 2014 World Cup finals and he`ll still be an important player for us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers