Pizarro signs Bayern extension until 2014
Munich: Bayern Munich have announced that Claudio Pizarro has signed a new deal with the club until the end of the 2013/14 campaign.
The Peruvian`s previous deal expired last month, but he will now stay with the Bavarians for one additional season after putting pen to paper on Thursday.
"I`m 34 now. Signing another contract with Bayern is the best thing that could happen to me," the striker commented on his renewal.
"I am convinced that we will have another great year. I have already spoken to Pep Guardiola.
"I don`t know what will happen next year, but I`m feeling very well and want to keep on playing as long as possible."
Pizarro returned to Bayern from Werder Bremen in the summer of 2012 after previously wearing the FCB jersey from 2001 until 2007. He has scored 112 goals in 281 official appearances for the treble winners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred