Pizarro signs Bayern extension until 2014
Munich: Bayern Munich have announced that Claudio Pizarro has signed a new deal with the club until the end of the 2013/14 campaign.
The Peruvian`s previous deal expired last month, but he will now stay with the Bavarians for one additional season after putting pen to paper on Thursday.
"I`m 34 now. Signing another contract with Bayern is the best thing that could happen to me," the striker commented on his renewal.
"I am convinced that we will have another great year. I have already spoken to Pep Guardiola.
"I don`t know what will happen next year, but I`m feeling very well and want to keep on playing as long as possible."
Pizarro returned to Bayern from Werder Bremen in the summer of 2012 after previously wearing the FCB jersey from 2001 until 2007. He has scored 112 goals in 281 official appearances for the treble winners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016