Pizarro signs Bayern extension until 2014
Munich: Bayern Munich have announced that Claudio Pizarro has signed a new deal with the club until the end of the 2013/14 campaign.
The Peruvian`s previous deal expired last month, but he will now stay with the Bavarians for one additional season after putting pen to paper on Thursday.
"I`m 34 now. Signing another contract with Bayern is the best thing that could happen to me," the striker commented on his renewal.
"I am convinced that we will have another great year. I have already spoken to Pep Guardiola.
"I don`t know what will happen next year, but I`m feeling very well and want to keep on playing as long as possible."
Pizarro returned to Bayern from Werder Bremen in the summer of 2012 after previously wearing the FCB jersey from 2001 until 2007. He has scored 112 goals in 281 official appearances for the treble winners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’