Plane drama caps miserable night for Stoke
London: A plane carrying Stoke City players back home after their League Cup defeat at Portsmouth was forced to make an emergency landing in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The plane, on route from Southampton to East Midlands Airport, was diverted to Gatwick Airport after players reported a burning smell in the cabin.
"Although there was no visible sign of any fire following an inspection... the squad was forced to abandon the flight and return to Stoke by way of a long coach journey," Stoke said on their website. Stoke were thrashed 4-0 by their Premier League rivals in the fourth round tie on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what