Plane drama caps miserable night for Stoke
London: A plane carrying Stoke City players back home after their League Cup defeat at Portsmouth was forced to make an emergency landing in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The plane, on route from Southampton to East Midlands Airport, was diverted to Gatwick Airport after players reported a burning smell in the cabin.
"Although there was no visible sign of any fire following an inspection... the squad was forced to abandon the flight and return to Stoke by way of a long coach journey," Stoke said on their website. Stoke were thrashed 4-0 by their Premier League rivals in the fourth round tie on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today