Plane drama caps miserable night for Stoke
London: A plane carrying Stoke City players back home after their League Cup defeat at Portsmouth was forced to make an emergency landing in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The plane, on route from Southampton to East Midlands Airport, was diverted to Gatwick Airport after players reported a burning smell in the cabin.
"Although there was no visible sign of any fire following an inspection... the squad was forced to abandon the flight and return to Stoke by way of a long coach journey," Stoke said on their website. Stoke were thrashed 4-0 by their Premier League rivals in the fourth round tie on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket