Playing against Chelsea makes Champions League final more exciting: Robben
Munich: Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has admitted that he cannot wait to play against former club Chelsea in the Champions League final.
The Netherlands international played a crucial part as the Bundesliga giants knocked out Real Madrid, another past team of the Dutchman, in the semi-finals, and is looking forward to facing the Stamford Bridge outfit.
"Honestly, it couldn’t be better for me," he told Times of India.
"Playing against Chelsea makes the final even more exciting. In the semi-finals I was up against Real Madrid, who are also one of my former clubs, and, of course, against one of my former managers, and now it’s Chelsea. Amazing," he confessed.
The flying winger went on to state that he keeps up to speed with the Blues’ results, and is pleased that Roberto Di Matteo has led the west London team to the final.
"I had such a great time at Chelsea. I’m very happy for Roman Abramovich, who has put so much effort and money into the club. The fans were very good to me when I was there so I’m very pleased for them as well.
"I will always have fond memories of my time at Stamford Bridge so I’m very happy for Chelsea that they are there [in the final]."
Despite Chelsea being criticised in the media for their defensive tactics on a number of occasions this season, Robben feels that both teams will attack at the Allianz Arena.
"They have players suspended, as we do, and the team has changed since I was there, of course. But I think they have done so well to qualify.
"I remember watching their game against Napoli earlier in the season and I was very surprised and very disappointed because they were poor. But since then they have improved a lot.
"I think this will be a different game. It’s not over two legs. It’s just one match and that makes a difference. I think both teams will attack," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you