Playing alongside Messi would be a dream: Neymar
Brasília: Santos striker Neymar has admitted that he dreams of playing alongside Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi.
The Brazilian has long been linked with a move to Camp Nou, but Peixe recently moved to quash speculation that a deal was already in place with the Catalan giants.
But the 20-year-old has once again fuelled speculation that Tito Vilanova`s side would be his preferred choice if and when he decides to leave South American football.
"To play alongside Messi would be a dream. Even just training with him would make me very happy," he is reported as saying by Marca.
The coveted youngster believes that while Cristiano Ronaldo and Andres Iniesta are great players, no one is more deserving of the Ballon d`Or than the Argentine.
"For me, there are three players who are better than the rest: Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi," he added.
"But, the best is Messi. There is nobody who can do the things he does."
And Neymar was also quick to acknowledge recent declarations from Messi, who branded his felllow Ballon d`Or nominee an "excellent footballer".
"Can you imagine the best in your profession giving you praise? It made me very happy and I can only thank him for his words," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly