Playing alongside Messi would be a dream: Neymar
Brasília: Santos striker Neymar has admitted that he dreams of playing alongside Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi.
The Brazilian has long been linked with a move to Camp Nou, but Peixe recently moved to quash speculation that a deal was already in place with the Catalan giants.
But the 20-year-old has once again fuelled speculation that Tito Vilanova`s side would be his preferred choice if and when he decides to leave South American football.
"To play alongside Messi would be a dream. Even just training with him would make me very happy," he is reported as saying by Marca.
The coveted youngster believes that while Cristiano Ronaldo and Andres Iniesta are great players, no one is more deserving of the Ballon d`Or than the Argentine.
"For me, there are three players who are better than the rest: Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi," he added.
"But, the best is Messi. There is nobody who can do the things he does."
And Neymar was also quick to acknowledge recent declarations from Messi, who branded his felllow Ballon d`Or nominee an "excellent footballer".
"Can you imagine the best in your profession giving you praise? It made me very happy and I can only thank him for his words," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj