Podolski is Arsenal`s new marksman
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: German international and Cologne forward Lukas Podolski is all set to join Arsenal next season on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.
Podolski has been the highest goal scorer for the relegation threatened German side scoring 18 goals in 28 league appearances.
Podolski has been a terrific performer for his country over the years since making his debut as a 19-year old in 2004. He has scored 43 goals for his country in 95 appearances.
Speaking about the new acquisition Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said as quoted by the club’s official website (www.arsenal.com): “We are delighted to secure the deal for Lukas and see him as an important part of our future. He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options.
"We are happy to have made this signing early and we are looking forward to watching Lukas contribute at the European Championship over the summer, a level where he has already made 95 caps at the age of 26. That is a phenomenal record and just shows his quality as a player.”
Lukas Podolski also stated in the website (www.arsenal.com): “I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal Football Club and to play in the Premier League. Arsenal is one of the top clubs in Europe with a huge history. There are many top quality players at Arsenal and the style of football which the team plays is fantastic. I’m proud to become an Arsenal player and am looking forward to playing my first match at Emirates Stadium and doing my best for all the Arsenal fans.
“I am looking forward to becoming an Arsenal player, but at the moment my focus is with my current club, FC Cologne. I will give everything I have until the end of season to make sure the team finish as high as possible in the Bundesliga. There will always be a place in my heart for FC Cologne.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore