Porto coach says racism allegations are misunderstanding
Manchester: Manchester City`s complaints that striker Mario Balotelli suffered racist abuse during their Europa League match in Portugal last week were probably the product of a misunderstanding, Porto coach Vitor Pereira said.
"I did not notice anything, it was probably a misunderstanding which will be clarified by the due authorities. We don`t usually have racism-related problems in Portuguese stadiums," Pereira said at a news conference in Manchester on Tuesday ahead of the second leg.
European football`s governing body UEFA announced a disciplinary hearing on Tuesday to investigate "improper conduct" by Porto supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days