Pradeep appears before AIFF`s disciplinary committee
New Delhi: National team midfielder NP Pradeep on Monday appeared before the All India Football Federation (AIFF`s) disciplinary committee after being slapped a showcause notice for speaking in support of former coach Bob Houghton.
"I have appeared before the AIFF disciplinary committee and I have presented my case. I am hoping for the best," said Pradeep after meeting the AIFF officials.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF, had on May 6, asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here today.
The Viva Kerala midfielder had expressed his anguish over AIFF`s decision to show Houghton the door.
Besides Pradeep, fellow player Joaquim Abranches, too, spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup
after a gap of 24 years.
While Pradeep criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune.
Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri also expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing