Pradeep appears before AIFF`s disciplinary committee
New Delhi: National team midfielder NP Pradeep on Monday appeared before the All India Football Federation (AIFF`s) disciplinary committee after being slapped a showcause notice for speaking in support of former coach Bob Houghton.
"I have appeared before the AIFF disciplinary committee and I have presented my case. I am hoping for the best," said Pradeep after meeting the AIFF officials.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF, had on May 6, asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here today.
The Viva Kerala midfielder had expressed his anguish over AIFF`s decision to show Houghton the door.
Besides Pradeep, fellow player Joaquim Abranches, too, spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup
after a gap of 24 years.
While Pradeep criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune.
Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri also expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report