Prandelli names Italy`s Confederations Cup squad
Rome: Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli named his 23-man team for the Confederations Cup tournament where Angelo Ogbonna and Andrea Ranocchia are the noticeable absentees.
In addition to the two young defenders Ogbonna and Ranocchia, goalkeeper Michael Agazzi, midfielders Giacomo Bonaventura and Andrea Poli and forward Marco Sau were also dropped Monday.
Luca Antonelli pulled out earlier Monday after having suffered an ankle injury during Friday`s friendly against San Marino, whilst Pablo Daniel Osvaldo was removed from the original 31-man roster in a disciplinary move.
Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain)
Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Maggio (Napoli)
Midfielders: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus)
Forwards: Balotelli (Milan), El Shaarawy (Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players