Prandelli names Italy`s Confederations Cup squad
Rome: Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli named his 23-man team for the Confederations Cup tournament where Angelo Ogbonna and Andrea Ranocchia are the noticeable absentees.
In addition to the two young defenders Ogbonna and Ranocchia, goalkeeper Michael Agazzi, midfielders Giacomo Bonaventura and Andrea Poli and forward Marco Sau were also dropped Monday.
Luca Antonelli pulled out earlier Monday after having suffered an ankle injury during Friday`s friendly against San Marino, whilst Pablo Daniel Osvaldo was removed from the original 31-man roster in a disciplinary move.
Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain)
Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Maggio (Napoli)
Midfielders: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus)
Forwards: Balotelli (Milan), El Shaarawy (Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April